Implant Supported Dentures
Losing all or most of your teeth (called edentulism) or being dissatisfied with the fit of your current dentures can detract from your normal daily functioning, social interactions, and quality of life.
By combining the support of dental implants with the benefits of traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures offer an effective long-term solution for replacing multiple missing teeth.
What Are Implant-Supported Dentures?
As the name suggests, implant-supported dentures are a set of removable prosthetic teeth (called an overdenture) that are placed over dental implants. Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone, which replicates the tooth-root structure of natural teeth. Because dental implants are fully integrated into the bone structure, implant-supported dentures are fixed securely in place.
Top 5 Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
- Restored Function. As they replicate the structure of natural teeth, implant-supported dentures can rehabilitate your bite and restore your ability to chew, smile, enunciate, speak, and sing.
- Comfort and Stability. As they are securely anchored in place, implant-supported dentures provide a reliably comfortable and stable fit that allows you to function and smile with confidence.
- Natural Appearance. Implant-supported dentures do more than provide an incredibly stable restoration. As each overdenture is made of high-quality materials to match your unique physical features and any remaining teeth, implant-supported dentures precisely and beautifully resemble the shape and shade of natural teeth.
- Bone Preservation. Natural teeth are fully integrated into your jawbone’s structure. When you lose one or several teeth, the jawbone will gradually deteriorate, which can change the appearance of your cheeks, mouth, and face. As they fully integrate into your jawbone, implant-supported dentures support bone health, prevent bone atrophy, and preserve the appearance and structure of your mouth and face.
- Minimal Maintenance. Aside from the infrequent replacement of overdenture attachments, implant-supported dentures require minimal maintenance, which is mostly accomplished by cleaning your mouth and denture appliances daily. With daily cleaning and regular dental visits, implant-supported dentures are a life-changing investment that will provide you with a long-lasting, beautiful, and fully functional smile.
Losing your teeth can be remedied. For compassionate care and to discover your tooth-replacement possibilities, contact our office today.
Contact us today. We can't wait to hear from you!