How Does Invisalign® Work?
The Invisalign® system uses a series of clear, removable trays (called aligners) that gradually shift your teeth into their new position. Each custom-made aligner slowly encourages your teeth into a straighter position than the previous aligner, typically moving your teeth 0.25 millimeter every two weeks.
As a complete orthodontic treatment plan, Invisalign® can equally correct cosmetic concerns and oral health issues, including:
- Malocclusion (overbite or underbite)
- Gaps between teeth
- Uneven or protruding teeth
- Removable. Unlike fixed metal braces, Invisalign® aligners are completely removable, allowing you to eat, brush, and floss normally.
- Invisible. Invisalign® aligners are clear, metal-free, and virtually invisible when worn.
- Efficient. Invisalign® aligners can produce the desired results in less time than conventional braces. With an average treatment time of 12-18 months, you’ll start noticing the results of regularly wearing your aligners in a matter of weeks.
In addition to supporting a more positive self-image, correcting misalignments in your teeth and jaw can actually improve your oral health. Here’s how an Invisalign® treatment can help you experience your best oral health, aesthetics, and function.
- Healthier Gums. Misaligned teeth can put you at higher risk for periodontal (gum) disease. Straightening your teeth with Invisalign® can help you maintain gums that are healthy and pain-free.
- Tooth Preservation. Malocclusion and misaligned teeth can make your front teeth more vulnerable to breaking and chipping, cause painful tooth sensitivity, and accelerate wear and damage to your back teeth. Additionally, misaligned teeth are harder to clean, putting your teeth at higher risk for tooth decay. Using Invisalign® to correct your bite and properly align your teeth can help you avoid dental issues and enhance the health and longevity of your teeth.
- Jaw Function. Malocclusion can lead to pain and functional issues with the joints of your jaw (called the the temporomandibular joint, or TMJ). TMJ issues can create mild-to-severe discomfort and lead to other undesirable symptoms that can disrupt your daily activities. By correcting malocclusion, Invisalign® can help you prevent and overcome TMJ issues.
Straighter teeth and a healthier bite are within your reach. Contact us today to learn more about how Invisalign® can help you elevate the health, function, and appearance of your teeth.
Contact us today. We can't wait to hear from you!